This is a short trek specifically designed for those with limited time but want to experience the beauty of Rara Lake. Rara National Park is Nepal’s smallest national park but arguably the most scenic. The pivotal feature of the National Park is Rara Lake – Rara lake is the biggest and deepest body of fresh water in the Himalayas at almost 10km2. The park is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lush green forests with unique biodiversity. The lake is a hidden gem and the trail leading to it is still considered off the beaten path and therefore still pristine.
This trek requires two return mountain flights; it is recommended to allow for extra time in the event of a flight cancellation.
Duration: 6 Days
Max Attitude: 3900 m.
Seasons: March, April, May, September, October, November
Accommodation: Camping/Teahouse/Lodge, Homestay.
Start Point: Talcha Airport.
End Point: Talcha Airport.
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Group Size: Min. 1 & Max.15
TIMS, Rara National Park Entrance Fee
Day 1: Flight Kathmandu - Nepalgunj
Day 2: Flight Nepalgunj - Talcha Airport (2,950m) Hike to Rara National Park (2,290m) 3 hrs
Day 3: Day excursion around Rara Lake
Day 4: Optional: Day hike to Chhuchemara Hilltop (4090m)
Day 5: Hike from Rara National Park to Talcha Airport (2,950m) 3 hrs. Fly to Nepalgunj
Day 6: Flight Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with GHUMNAJAU.COM. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
30 Sep 2018
06 Oct 2018
- 1 night accommodation at 3 start hotel in Nepalgunj.
- 4 Nights accommodation in Lodge during this trip.
- All meals during trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea/coffee break & Dinner).
- All surface transportation as per itinerary
- Flight Kathmandu/Nepalgunj/Talcha –Roundtrip.
- All Travel permits (TIMS & Rara National Park entry fees)
- English speaking guide & his/her Guide fees. (if requires other language as well)
- Comprehensive first aid kits
- Insurance for the staff
- All applicable government taxes.
- Accommodation & Meal in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare and VISA (On Arrival)
- Gratuities for Staff